Sunday, 21 February 2016

Padawan Kenobi: Lego Minifigure

 Another (not so) ambitious attempt after my last Wicked's Elphaba - Fiyero Minifigs Project.
Am I a big Star Wars fan? A big Lego fan? Nope. But my husband is, so somehow he influenced me to be one. So, congrats to Disney, your Episode VII - The Force Awakens release gains quite a number of new SW fans, including me (with the big influence from the spouse, of course..). My first encounter with the original trilogy was a month before Episode VII release when they were aired here in Oz. Then, another first encounter with the prequels was when my husband got finally interested in them -to check Obi-Wan Kenobi's background--to support his preference on "Rey is a Kenobi" theory (he didn't even consider the prequels canon before ).

It had me at a youtube clip of the famous Duel of the Fates, both the lightsaber duel and John Williams' music. And one fact that struct me (and some other SW newbies) at once: young Obi-Wan Kenobi was hot . I had to admit that it was my husband who survived the whole movie (including the Tatooine scenes with that podracer..omg..), I just cared about Ewan McGregor's Obi-Wan scenes . And I totally forgot what got me checking out the Lego minifigs.. Anyway. There are five versions of the Episode I - The Phantom Menace Obi-Wan Kenobi, and I fell in love at the first sight with the 2011 version. Like what was mentioned in this review, first thing I noticed was Ewan's cleft chin,  hahaha.. . Also, the alternate badass "tense" face really reminded me of Kenobi in Episode I.



We couldn't find the minifig here so we got one from Germany (the only choice with low postage cost to Australia). I was tempted to get Qui-Gon and Jar Jar (yes you read it right ) as well but my husband once said he's after the Gungan Sub set (which has the two minifigs) so I'll just wait until he gets one.

Anyway, I'm not a big Lego fan (let alone a pro brick builder); I just have this unexplainable fondness for minifigs. I'm not a photographer either, so please pardon my lousy pics. Finally, enjoy my side-by-side comparison post! Yep, this post is just a trick to make it seemingly appropriate to keep Ewan McGregor's pics in my blog :p.



 padawan obi-wan kenobi lego
The cloak / robe is replaced by the usual Lego minifig cape 
(Left-side image source: here)



 padawan obi-wan kenobi lego  
Yeah that smile.. (but remember, it was back then in 1999 )
(Top-left-side image source: here)



 padawan obi-wan kenobi lego lightsaber
Badass mode on.
(Left-side image source: here)
[Note: Just realised the lightsaber handle was upside-down . Can I blame my son? . Okay. Now, pretend you don't see it, okay? ]



 padawan obi-wan kenobi lego lightsaber
(Top-side image source: here)



 padawan obi-wan kenobi lego lightsaber
(Left-side image source: here)



*     *     *



Bonus:

rey kenobi lego  
 rey kenobi lego  
(Bottom-left-side image source: here)



..special for those who are on #TeamKenobi (of whether Rey is a Skywalker, Kenobi, or Solo or Binks) along with my husband ..






 
(source: here)

3 comments:

  1. Wkwkwwkwkwk... seriously Vitaaaa! very mischievous of you :D but well done indeed! thank you for the Ewan pics :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha you're welcome!
      Just found out I made a subtle mistake on the lightsaber handle (always make mistake on the weapon.. just like last time xD) but still.. I like it so much! :3 Can u believe I keep looking at this post with much satisfaction xD

      Delete
    2. I am looking at your post (correction: at Ewan's pics) with much satisfaction and much pleasure! Huahahaha!

      Delete