Friday, 22 May 2015

"and it's so good to have you by my side" [EF#20]

First let's have a listen to this very short, yet beautiful, award-winning song:


Hey Hootabelle, we fly together well, 
bouncing off the clouds into an ocean full of stars
High above the city lights that shine like little diamonds

You and I, circles in the sky
My turn to hide, see if you can find me

Hey Hoot my friend, catch me if you can, 
I'll race you down to the trees, first to touch the leaves

Cause when we fly together, the sky comes alive 
and it’s so good to have you by my side
Cause when fly together the sky comes alive 
and its so good to have you by my side


This is one of many songs from Giggle and Hoot shows in ABC (Australian Broadcasting Corporation) Kids. Hootabelle is a friend of the main character Hoot. Every time it's played in the TV it reminds me of my first weeks in Australia with my family. I just started my PhD study while my husband was on his 3rd semester. We moved to Sydney with my 1.5 year old son and had to deal with everything from coping with financial difficulties and trying hard to balance family life and study. Even after finally we could get our son into childcare for four days a week, every day either my husband or I had to walked 1.5 km up the hills to my son childcare and another 1.5 km picking him up in the late afternoon, many times in the rain. Maybe the first time I heard the song I was feeling sad. Then the song really caught my heart. (The lyrics itself is simple and playful as this is meant for children, but somehow I think there's a metaphor there..)

Those difficult situations made me realise that the presence of people that we love (and love us back, if I need to add) makes us strong. That's why my opinion to EF's challenge this week is: Relationship really affects our work and life. Please excuse me for taking it to the more general point of view: Not only love relationship. I'm talking about any relationship one may have, not only spouse/lover, but also family (mother, father, brother or sister, aunt, uncle, grandma, grandpa, etc..), close friend, not so close friend, pets, a favourite thing... as long as you have someone to be by your side, you are stronger to face the life. 




10 comments:

  1. Ahhhh.... I love reading the last sentence,, "as long as you have someone to be by your side, you are stronger to face the life."
    I miss my husband immediately :D :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a wonderful tune. i love it :) let's be together to make everything better...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is. Surprisingly children songs here are as really good as adults songs.

      Delete
  3. The song is really sweet song. Ah. The last sentence. As long as we have someone beside us, we will be stronger. Thank you Vita for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, glad that you like it too. Btw many of you like the last sentence that now I'm starting to wonder if it has the correct grammar hahaha

      Delete
  4. whenever I got sick and my kids got sick too, suddenly I feel that I'm healthy. is that the same meaning to your experience?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahaha I'm not sure.. maybe it's like when we're sick or in difficult situation and we know that our family is beside us, we feel better. Imagine if we're alone, it would be harder to cope with.

      Delete
  5. lagu ini bikin kangen Sydney dan Rumah Musa :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. iya, bisa kan ya denger lagu lalu ingat suatu tempat/masa2 tertentu

      Delete